What are the benefits of using eJudgements’ South African Online Law Reports ?
- Because eJudgements’ South African Online Law Reports is hosted in the Cloud it is accessible from anywhere at anytime. If you have access to the internet, you have access to eJudgements’ South African Online Law Reports .
- As eJudgements’ South African Online Law Reports is web-based, it can be accessed from any computer or smartphone with a web browser. There is no need for additional software.
- Judgements are all made accessible in Pdf format, meaning that all that is required to read the judgements as any Adobe pdf reader.
- The judgements are in the original format, so there is no problem with footnotes being displayed as endnotes (if you print a selection of pages from a judgement, you get the footnotes together with the text).
- Because only the judgements database is searched, you won’t get a lot of extraneous search results from other websites or products.
- Due to the business model adopted, eJudgements’ South African Online Law Reports costs a fraction of the cost of the commercial publishers.
- While the database covers judgements from the mid-1990s, is apparent from the pattern of which judgements are referred to that most of the law used in the courts emanates from the past 25 years. It is only in very specialist areas that older cases are still used on a regular basis.